WHAT TO BRING WHEN FLY FISHING
- Your Rod and Reel
- 9ft Rod
- 5-6 weight if possible
- Line WF
- A wide brimmed hat
- Polaroid fishing glasses – Amber lenses are best
- Sunscreen and Insect repellent
I have available an average selection of rods and reels. While the quality is extremely good, the selection may be limited.
All flies, drys, wets, nymph or streamers can be supplied. I tie all my own and have a few secrets that fish very well. You are welcome to bring along your own patterns.
- Comfortable footwear, i.e. Light
- Walking boots – Meidel and Kenetrek brands are good places to start.
- Long johns and shorts
- Be prepared to get wet
- Be comfortable, no bright colours.
- Body waders for winter conditions.
- No felt bottomed boots please.
- Hiking boots only with cleats.
- Please ENSURE you have CLEAN HIKING BOOTS! NZ Customs will check for outdoor foot wear and there is a $NZ500 fine for not declaring outdoor footwear and it gets worse if footwear contains debris in the soles.